Orthotics 4 Kids
Orthotics, also known as orthoses, are shoe inserts that alter the position of your child’s feet, realigning them with their ankles and legs.
At Foot Health Clinic, we offer our young patients several forms of orthotic therapy, including:
What are Orthotics used for in Children?
We recommend and prescribe orthotics 4 kids for many uses, including:
- preventing or treating problems in children such as flat feet, intoed gait, growth plate inflammation, Sever’s disease and Osgood-Schlatter disease;
- preventing or halting the development of foot deformities such as bunions and hammertoes;
- relieving foot fatigue in children with juvenile arthritis;
- reducing injury occurrence and increasing performance in children active in sports;
- reducing the long-term effects of trauma injuries such as sprains and fractures.
When worn correctly, orthotics can benefit not only your child’s feet but also their ankles, lower legs, knees, hips and lower back.
What should I do if my child needs orthotics?
The podiatrists at Foot Health Clinic have a combined 40 years’ experience in orthotic therapy. If you feel your child could benefit from orthotics, please contact us.